Conservative Punditry - Online Store

Thursday, June 10, 2010

We Lost: That's no reason to act like a loser.

Conservative in the primary, Republican in the general. If you can't get on board with this concept I suggest you stop reading this post right now.

On Tuesday in California myself and others were highly disappointed with Chuck DeVore losing to Carly Fiorina in the Republican Primary. The bitterness of this defeat is not lost on me, I had a good deal of skin in this game (despite the attacks by my detractors).

Anyone who paid attention during this primary will know that I was all in for Chuck DeVore. Additionally it is no secret that I believe Carly is a moderate Republican.

Now, I am sure I will more than likely get attacked for calling Carly a moderate, even though I also clearly stated she is a Republican. I am ok with that. We are beyond the primary now and we have a candidate, at this point it just doesn't matter whether she is a moderate or the incarnation of Kirk's 10 Conservative principles.

Carly is our candidate.

I will support Carly.

I will go after any moron who comes onto RedState, or Conservative Punditry, and tries to demean our candidate to replace the sitting Senator Barbara "Ma'am" Boxer, whether they are a Republican or not.

I will do so with a white hot vengeance.

I will do so because the differences between our candidate and her opponent are so large they can only be measure in orders of magnitude.

I will do this without lamenting over what could have been had Chuck DeVore won because in my view, as a conservative, Chuck DeVore served a greater purpose in this primary. DeVore helped push this primary to the right philosophically. This, to me, is a win.

As we march to November with Carly leading the charge in California we must unify around her and provide her with the tactical support she will need to unseat Sen. Boxer.

For those of you unwilling to do this, know this ... acting like a loser does nothing for the movement, supporting Fiorina does.

I will leave you with one last piece of wisdom expressed by Chuck DeVore:

I just completed my telephone call to Carly Fiorina, to congratulate her on her victory this evening. She is our party's nominee. I endorse her. I will support her. I will vote for her. And I call upon all of you to do the same in November.

...snip...

My friends ... my fellow Californians ... my fellow Americans -- If you support me, my campaign is over. But if you support our Constitution and our country -- that fight goes on. And I promise you this: I will march with you in that fight, "in the ranks of honour," to the very end.

Carly Fiorina has claimed victory and with that she will now begin her march to November.

What will you do?

Aaron B. Gardner

Crossposted to RedState

P.S. Just in case I wasn't explicit enough ... Carly For California!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't piss in my pool.

ShareThis